In 2014, approximately 21 million U.S. households owned a spa, pool, or hot tub. While owning a pool can boost the value of your home, and home spas have long been a staple of luxury home design, there are some surprising benefits to owning your own hot tub that most people don’t realize.
Here are a few lesser known reasons why owning a hot tub and spa can be great for your life, your home, and even your health.
- Relaxation — There is nothing better than coming home after a long day of work and jumping into a hot tub. All your troubles will seemingly go away. Instead of checking your email for the hundredth time that day, you’ll focus only on how comfortable and relaxed you currently feel.
- Muscle Relaxation — After we workout, we are often too sore to do anything else. Spending time in a hot tub will increase blood circulation, which will decrease the effects of fatigue and soreness. After a few minutes of soaking in a home spa or hot tub, you’ll feel much better for your next workout.
- Sleep Better — Soaking in a hot tub for a few hours before you go to sleep will help your body get into “sleep mode” much faster. That means you’ll be ready to doze off for a much better night sleep. If you are part of the millions who struggle with sleep disorders, relaxing in bed for a few extra hours could potentially change your life.
- Less Stress — Soaking in high temperature waters and relaxing can stimulate your body’s endorphins. It’s so easy for us to get stressed out in this life, but there are very few things that truly help alleviate our stresses. Relaxing in a hot tub is one of those things.
- Longer Life — Believe it or not, but some experts believe that sauna baths can actually help you live longer. Over a 20-year period, a study following Finnish men determined that frequent soaks in a hot tub could be linked to a longer lifespan.
Once you own any of these items it’s important that you take proper care of them. A well-constructed hot tub can even last more than 18 years. Hot tub maintenance and installation should be handed by the professionals, so if you’re in need of assistance, contact Clearwater Spas today!